Pretty Awesome Weekends: Finding Motivation
Finding Motivation. Again and Again. Here’s how.
As I shared in my recent weight loss mission post, finding motivation has been a major focus of mine over this past week.
So, with this in mind, I thought I would share some links this weekend for where I go for motivation.
As always, sit back, relax, do some reading and have a Pretty Awesome Weekend.
- Win the Day – I’ve mentioned Jaime Baird here before, but I tell you, her blog is one of the best around for finding physical and mental motivation.
- Women of Faith – Faith is often the core of all motivation. And that is true for the Live Pretty team and me. What I love about this site is that you can sign up for periodic e-mails that push some faith-based motivation right into your inbox. Often right when you need it.
- Marriage Confessions – I found this blog a few months back and have enjoyed every post since then. It is truly a place to go to get real, open and honest reading about married life with children. It just makes you realize that everyone — everyone — goes through some of the same struggles and great moments in life.
- Chris Brogan – Chris needs no introduction in the blogging and digital media world. But I really hope that those who do not work on the Web check him out. He has great motivation posts, and great business and personal improvement perspectives. I especially loved his post this week about Discipline. So many truths about what holds us back from achieving.
- 100 Moms Who are Changing The World - Parenting site babble.com has started this program to recognize those women who are real role models. Those who are really changing the world — not those who cover the tabloids and have become our society’s default “role models.” It is an amazing list full of motivation and examples of amazing women and mothers.
- Harvard Business Review – This site feeds my business and achievement side. There is something here for everyone and for every brain. My most recent favorite? Turning Stress Into an Asset – perfect for the worrier in me.
- The Pioneer Woman – We talked about Ree Drummond earlier this week, but I tell you – she is a major inspiration for me. She turned what she loves – food, her life and her loves into something that gives people happiness on a daily basis. An honest, beautiful and amazing blog that is now a TV show. She is my role model, my inspiration.
Any sites out there that give you inspiration? Please share, I’m always looking for more to feed me each and every day.
Love ya – Jul