Pretty Awesome Weekends: Best Web Links of the Week
Best Web Links of the Week
Last week we introduced our Pretty Awesome Weekends — weekly posts here on Live Pretty where we will share some of our favorite links from the past week, or things we just love online. Hopefully this will give you, our loyal readers, some pretty awesome things to check-out online when you have some downtime this weekend.
This week we have a few favorite links from the past week, as well as some of our favorite sites and online places. So, sit back, grab a cup of iced tea (or cold beverage) and cool off this summer weekend while enjoying some great reading.
- Get Inspired & Pursue Your Passion: Our friend Jaime Marshall Baird is an awesome fitness pro and blogger over at Muscle & Fitness Hers, and this week she tackled goals and pursuing your passion. Read this and be prepared to be inspired!
- Covet A Martini: I covet this martini … yes, covet. Check out this great food blog, food + words, and her rosemary lemon martini. Yum, yum.
- Black Market Podcast: I LOVE the Planet Money Podcast … L . O . V . E . And this one about the credit card black market is beyond fascinating (if not a bit scary). Yes, maybe not the most uplifting weekend listening, but so incredibly interesting and something we should ALL know about.
- Shop with a Purpose: The great team over at Cool Mom Picks tuned me onto Social Goodies, a great daily deal site where a percentage of your purchase goes to a featured charity of your choice. Learn more here.
- Test Your Jury Knowledge: OK … yes, I live about 7 miles from where the biggest trial in the US has been going on for the last six weeks. I won’t pontificate on what I think about the case, just will simply say two things: 1. I pray for and mourn the soul of that adorable little girl frequently. 2. This trial has taught us all that we must better understand and appreciate, and be willing to serve as part of, the American jury system. So, take a moment to test your knowledge of the American jury system here. Or, learn a bit more about our jury system over here.
So … let’s end on a high note.
- Great Summer Ideas: I love Simple Mom, her sites are a great inspiration to me daily. This week I loved reading through these great simple summer DIY ideas on Simple Kids.
- Just Fun on the Ranch: This is the BEST blog online, the best every day, every week. So, kick-back and take some time to meet The Pioneer Woman over here.
Enjoy this weekend reading. And, as always, drop a link in the comments below for any sites or links you are loving this week.